Sta nas ceka u skorije vreme ...

G!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Izašao je u novom SK-u preview onog ruskog Hard to be a God... nisam baš najbolje razumeo, na početku kaže da je hack&slash, a potom da u igri imaš opciju prerušavanja (tipa skupiš komplet set od bandita, i obučeš ga i onda možeš da pričaš s njima i tako ih nagovoriš da se npr. povuku umesto da ih pobiješ) + autori kažu se ovakve situacije značajno povećavaju do kraja igre. Sve u svemu, sa slika ne deluje loše.

cim sam video da su wasd kontrole smuchilo mi se :D realno jos jedna ruska igra koja je izbacane poluzavrsena,.... bar je takav filing posle odradjenog treninga i ubijena obliznjih 5-6 vukova...

kao zanimljiv feature je da mozes jahati konje i napadati jel te, ali je kontrola u tom sluchajnu kao i obichno veoma losha... od kvestova nisam uspeo nista da odradim jer sam samo testirao UI i same kontrole koje deluju veoma iritantno...

borba klasichan h'n's fazon

grafika za danashnje pojmove ochaj, generalno okej za rpg wannabe... kad nadjem josh nalo vremena probacu opet ili su sachekati full

fallout_table.gif

Ukoliko nekom ponovo padne na pamet da igra Sacred, poslednji patch 2.28 uklanja zaštitu od kopiranja. Ko što se verovatno sećate, igra je bila ekstremno bagovita, izašla je serija patcheva (a h4x0r scena nije stigla sve da ispratno nocd-ovima, ili su i oni bili falični, tako da je uvek bilo nekih problema).

Elem, ne verujem da bi iko ponovo igrao ovu igru, ali je ova informacija čisto "for archival sake". Pravilan redosled instalacije je sledeći:

1. Sacred

2. Sacred Plus v1.8.2.6 full [130 MB]

3. Sacred Underworld

4. Sacred Underworld patch v2.28 [50 MB]

I to je to, skoro potpuno bug-free igra i radi bez CD-a ili kreka.

Edited by voodoo_

hocete da pravite odlskul 2d igru ? da ozivite stara dobra rpg vremena? onda vam treba superioran engine koji je open source i naravno besplatan :)

tu je FIFE.2008

Welcome to FIFEngine.de, the home of the open source 2d game development framework

The mission of the FIFE project is to create a cross platform game creation framework. Exact engine feature list changes over time, but the following lists the main guidelines for development:

* Games can be created with combination of engine, editor tools, game specific scripts and game content (e.g. maps, graphics and sounds).

* Framework is not tied to any type of game (e.g. RTS, RPG), but instead provides flexible platform for all of them.

* Framework supports different isometric views with addition of pure top-down view.

* Instead of full 3D flexibility, engine focuses mainly on using high quality 2D graphics. This puts less demands on target platforms and also simplifies the framework and game development.

* Purpose of the editor tools is to help to bind the game content with the engine and scripts.

2008.0.007.jpg

2007.2.007.jpg

ostatak http://wiki.fifengine.de/index.php?title=Screenshots

Games in development

* Keys of Naand - A medieval fantasy RPG. http://kon.fifengine.de/dokuwiki/

* OpenAnno - A realtime strategy game with economy simulation. http://www.openanno.org/

* Zero-Projekt - A turn-based post apocalyptic RPG. http://wiki.fifengine.de/index.php?title=Zero-Projekt

* Black Rain - A turn-based post apocalyptic RPG set in Europe. http://www.blackrain.fifengine.de/wiki/ind...title=Main_Page

- http://www.fanmadefallout.com/

fallout_table.gif

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.newdawn-game.com/index_en.php odlozen do daljnjeg :( nedostatak finansija.... projekat prerastao pocetan zamisljen obim , tako neke prichice... steta bas :|

intervju

Andrzej "Klecha" Klimczuk (Gry.o2.pl): Hi. To start with, introduce yourself and tell us what you are responsible for in Undead Society.

Sławomir Szynkowski (Undead Society/EvoWare): Hello. My name is Sławomir Szynkowski and I am the founder of Undead Society. I'm responsible for project co-ordination, world and gameplay design as well as the storyline. I also make final decisions about the team and our projects. Undead Society is actually a name of a company established in 2007 and the team working on games gave its name for it. The role of the company is to harmonize our activities in the gaming business, setting up a financially secure developer as well as making it easier for us to make contacts with investors and publishers. Currently, we are completing the business plan which has been evaluated very favorably by experts, resulting in an European Union grant. We are going to rename the company soon, though, due to its expansion and as an indication of ongoing evolution - hence EvoWare.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): Tell us a little about your team's previous works and people who work for it.

Sławomir Szynkowski (Undead Society/EvoWare): The team includes people who have just started up their job in the gaming industry. None the less, some of them took part in non-professional projects, both Polish and international, and made some mods. The present team as a whole has just started working together.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): Some time ago you announced a game entitled New Dawn. Could you say a couple of words about it?

Sławomir Szynkowski (Undead Society/EvoWare): New Dawn is the first cRPG which takes place in the future and shows a rebirth of the human kind after a disastrous comet hit. The world game is very diverse and full of life because it's been hundreds of years since the catastrophe. The Earth has filled up with plants and animals in entirely new ecosystems and people have built new settlements. New Dawn is a universe that includes a lot of ancient, medieval and post-apocalyptic elements and where new civilizations rise and fall leaving nothing but ruins. The disaster provided a kind of stimulus to the world which revived itself as a completely new environment.

A player will walk the Earth as a hero with no memory who tries to regain his identity. A group of various characters, if they are convinced, may join his quest to help him discover his unknown past. Eventually, the group or party may consist of up to 6 characters - both humans and other humanoid species, who play their own roles in the game.

Character development system allows numerous ways of creating and developing our alter egos, so for example, it is possible to complete a task in different ways, not just one. Although brute force is not always an option, when it comes to it, a player will be able to choose one of two types of combat: turn-based or real-time one.

At this moment it is hard to tell when we are going to finish the game, though, because it has been suspended indefinitely and the demo officially cancelled.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): Why did you cancel it? You did promise to release the demo.

Sławomir Szynkowski (Undead Society/EvoWare): There have been a lot of factors contributing to this decision. Firstly, it's the game engine. As time went by it became clear that the engine was not going to cope with such a huge project without ridiculously high system specifications. We just couldn't give up on some design elements, including graphics quality, because we believed it would hurt the game.

Secondly, we've had no secure financial support. We reached a point from which it was impossible to go on, unless we had some serious external financial aid. Even though we were optimistic, it became obvious that it is very hard to find support for such a game as ours, which in addition, is not competing with modern high-end RPG games.

We could either finish this kind of crippled game and disappoint our fans and ourselves, or suspend the whole thing, which we eventually did.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): Is there any future for New Dawn or have you thrown everything out of the window?

Sławomir Szynkowski (Undead Society/EvoWare): I would like to assure all the fans who might have felt disenchanted with our decision that we fully realize the great potential of the game and we are not shelving it. We will get back to New Dawn as soon as we are secured financially. Until then, we are going to develop our company and work on another project. We believe this break will only help the New Dawn.

Abandoning the demo has a lot to do with our plans to get back to the full version of the game since making the demo using the current engine would definitely be a wrong step. We don't want to produce something that would be substandard in comparison to the full game and that may influence its reception.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): Could you reveal anything about your new project?

Sławomir Szynkowski (Undead Society/EvoWare): It is too early to do it. All I can say is that it isn't nearly as that big, so it will take a lot less time to get completed.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): What are the present goals of EvoWare Studio and how are you going to reach them?

Sławomir Szynkowski (Undead Society/EvoWare): We try to stick to the rule of taking small steps which will help us become a financially independent studio. So far, so good - but still, I can't tell you more. We do have a couple of ideas and all of them are more or less tightly connected to the gaming business.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): What do you think about the future for the non-professional developers in Poland? Could they be successful without support of bigger, more established companies, publishers and distributors?

Sławomir Szynkowski (Undead Society/EvoWare): There's been this hunger for game-making in Poland for a couple of years now. As the industry keeps developing at a fast pace and Polish studios keep supplying better and better games, even more young talents are interested in programming and creating 3D art. Thus, non-pro projects oftentimes serve as kind of crash courses in game development as well as prep training in the industry. I am not afraid about the existence of such projects. What is more, I'm quite positive we will see more of them. However, the sole existence and completing a project are two different things and so far, most of them haven't had the chance to be completed. The reason is that non-pro studios aren't in fact oriented on finishing their products as amateurs. They look for investors and publishers to help them, but that's not easy. None the less, if they are successful in getting proper support, they stand a much better chance to realize what they planned.

Getting back to your question, I personally think that without external help, a non-pro project can't beat the odds and get finished. Of course, I'm talking only about relatively large and medium-size projects that appeal to the fan base and get noticed by media. Then you have to also remember that a project takes a lot of time - at least 4 years; and if you add 2 or 3 more years when the game is very sophisticated you will find out there aren't many people who can keep their motivation running high. Contrary to the popular belief, non-pro game developers don't spend only a few hours a week on their projects - if that's the case, they don't really want to get it done. More ambitious projects, such as New Dawn, require a whole day's work commitment for the key developers and all that makes it difficult for an amateur game to be completed. Then there's a whole bunch of other issues, like staff turnover, technical problems along the way and Internet-only co-operation.

Still, it is so unfair to ridicule all those efforts. Thanks to them we have more and more programmers, modellers and studios representing new fresh views on the gaming market. In conclusion, each project - even if it won't be completed - helps the industry and we should support them as long they keep it real.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): Based on your own experience, could you give some advice to other non-professional teams in Poland?

Sławomir Szynkowski (Undead Society/EvoWare): It is a basic idea that gives a kick-start to a project and makes fans interested and motivates developers. As fas as inspiration goes, there are many things going on around us that can help: books, movies, other games, news, as well as our and other's daily life. Just mix them all and spice up with your own imagination!

What I noticed is that most non-pro studios have a take on cRPG's, possibly because they believe they have a strong story to tell and that gamers won't judge the game by the graphics. The latter factor is quite important as budget studios can hardly compete with giants with regard to graphics. What is more, cRPG is a very difficult type of game to make. I'm not against non-pro cRPG developers but they have to look hard before they leep. Contrary to many teams, we do have the know-how and skills required for this genre, unfortunately, all we lacked was financing. For a small company it would be much better to start with not as that big game. But still, if it is going to be a cRPG, make it just with a handful of characters and quests in a limited area. Completing even a small project gives a lot of satisfaction and experience. Only then can you think of a bigger thing.

I should mention the team size as well, because the project leads often forget the smaller the staff, the easier it is manageable. It's also easier to communicate, keep up the team morale and consistency as fas as graphics and the story quality are concerned. In the New Dawn project there were never more than 15 people. The most crucial factors during recruitment were the skills of applying candidates, but we also took into consideration time that a candidate could devote for his tasks, and if he or she really hit it off with the rest of the team.

If you ask about keeping in touch with our supporters, all I can say is that we didn't have enough time to create a system for that, and it is so apparent when you take a look at our board. I guess we were just too busy with our work. Actually, we had some plans but we were waiting until we'd start with marketing campaign for the demo.

There is one more thing which, while so obvious, some teams neglect. You need a detailed design document to start with. In there you can find just about everything which is concerns the game: description of the world, story, game rules, appearance and mechanics. This set of files is supposed to help all the developers so it should be finished before the actual technical tasks, like drawing and programming, take place. Never the less, some parts of the design docs can be completed later on, e.g. maps and levels description, further story and quests development. Of course, it is possible to change the docs during the course of works, but any novelties need to be justified and can't undermine the basis of the project.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): Did you ever consider Internet as a means of distribution? What do you think about systems like Steam, GameTap, WiiWare, Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Store?

Sławomir Szynkowski (Undead Society/EvoWare): This is how the future of the industry will look like. Internet is a perfect tool, both for gamers who have a quick access to an unlimited number of products, and for game creators who can reach a lot of prospective buyers, cutting down on costs. But even as transfers are getting faster and we can send huge amount of data over the Internet, there still a place for games on the store shelves because fans also want some additions that often come with the hard copy of the game. Aren't collectibles perfect things to show off in your place?

Besides the game platforms you mentioned I'd also add casual games and Internet-based games. The industry is quite diverse, then, so it is really worth considering all kinds of options, be it PC, PS3, Wii, or Xbox 360. And we may use them in the future, too.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): Would you like to add anything else?

Sławomir Szynkowski (Undead Society/EvoWare): New Dawn project has gathered an interesting group of people, and thanks to them it was noticed in the country and abroad. I would like to thank everybody who supported New Dawn and kept their fingers crossed. We hope that when we get back to the game there will be even more of you, guys. And now, look forward to EvoWare products and wish us luck - the better we fare with EW, the sooner you all will see New Dawn.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): Thank you for taking you time to answer our questions.

Sławomir Szynkowski (Undead Society/EvoWare): Thank you.

sjajnu muziku sa sajta i predvidjenu za igru mozete skinuti na

http://gry.o2.pl/upload/files/New%20Dawn%20-%20Theme.mp3

http://gry.o2.pl/upload/files/New%20Dawn%2...st%20Battle.mp3

http://gry.o2.pl/upload/files/New%20Dawn%2...nd%20Battle.mp3

http://gry.o2.pl/upload/files/New%20Dawn%2...20Beginning.mp3

fallout_table.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...