Moto X najavljen

Lucky

Konačno najavljen - http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/Moto-X/moto-x,en_US,pg.html

There's plenty the Moto X offers in terms of software, including the ability to get directions, seek trivia, or set an alarm without ever touching the phone. There's good hardware, too, including a body that's nearly as slim as the iPhone 5, but with a larger screen, comparable to Android phones.

But what's really special about the Moto X is customization. You can choose everything from the color of the power button to a personalized message on the back cover.

To make those special orders possible, Motorola is assembling the Moto X in Texas, making it the first smartphone manufactured in the US. Motorola promises to ship custom designs within four days, faster than possible if it were made in Asia, where other phones are usually assembled. (Phones for overseas markets will be made overseas.)

You can still buy the phone in traditional black or white, and by walking into a store, paying about $200, and signing a two-year service agreement (or installment plan with T-Mobile). Off you go with a brand new phone.

But that's boring.

Just as Apple did with its colorful iMacs of a decade ago, Motorola is moving away from black and white. You're still limited to black or white as your front, but you can choose any combination of 18 back colors and seven "accent" colors, which highlight the power button, volume control and camera's border. There's more coming: Motorola is testing covers made of wood, for instance, and it plans to let people vote on future patterns, colors and designs.

You can choose a custom message for the back of the phone – with limits. Profanity and trademarked names cause this response: "We'd rather you not say that." The space can display your email address, in case you lose the phone, for instance. You can choose from 16 wallpapers and select a different custom message to appear on your screen.

Choose carefully, as you won't be able to make changes after a 14-day return window. These aren't parts that you can simply pop out and swap.

With the exception of $50 more for a phone with 32GB of storage rather than 16GB, there's no cost for customization. They will be available about the same time as standard white and black models, in late August or early September. Wood covers aren't expected until later in the year.

At first, only with AT&T as your service provider will custom versions be available, but other carriers are coming. Standard versions will also be available through Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint and US Cellular at launch. You can order through Motorola's Moto Maker website, which will cover service plan options with AT&T. You can walk into an AT&T store and buy, but you'll then have to visit the Moto Maker site and enter a code.

Zanimljiva je ova fora što se pravi u USA, pa kao ima i kastomizacije itd, malo tu udaraju na Apple i vraćaju se tom trendu sklapanja "in house", ali pored te customizacije, nisam primetio nešto strašno neobično kod ovog telefona?

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/aug/02/moto-x-review-new-smartphone-motorola

ne znam za taj microSD slot, zar to stvarno i dalje neko vodi računa o tome? ja nikad nisam usevao da napunim ove telefone sa 8GB pa sad 16GB itd, mada moguće da ih jednostavno ne koristim kao vi drugi kojima nedostaje microSD, ako tu držite serije i filmove da gledate na poslu i hiljadu igara :)

Strašno neobično je zaseban procesor koji uvek osluškuje okolinu ... ( NSA approves this message)

A, i drugi dsp koji prikazuje notifications na ekranu kad ambient senzor detektuje da nije u dzepu ... nesto sto mi se mnogo svidjalo na N9, a nedostaje na svim droidima.

Edited by HolisticMonk

Yoda: The other side is dark.. very dark.

Obiwan: Quit whining and eat your toast already