Grad bez mobilnog i Wi-Fija (između ostalog)

Lucky

Koga ne mrzi da čita, interesantan članak. Na trenutke deluje kao neka epizoda Xfilesa :)

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/21/the-town-that-banned-wi-fi

With Green Bank being located within the Quiet Zone, many people who believe they suffer from electromagnetic hypersensitivity are finding new homes within its borders.[3][4] Escape from cellular radiation is the main attraction to Green Bank for these people.[5] As of 2013, an estimated 36 people have moved to Green Bank to escape the effects of electromagnetic hypersensitivity.[6]

When I arrived there was not much sign of anything, let alone simmering social unrest. Past five o’clock everything was shut for the night. The air was freezing. For $30 I got a room in a motel where I was the only guest. “Leave the key on the bed when you go,” said its owner, before driving off herself, leaving her business in the care of at least six cats. The next day I headed for the main drag, which was not hard to find in a town with one road. Green Bank is not a metropolis. Along with the telescope, there is a school, church, library and craft shop, as well as Henry’s: a petrol station that quintuples up as a supermarket, public toilet, restaurant and general hub, and where I went in search of breakfast.

“People come here because they say they can hear the electrics,” she replied. “I don’t know if it’s a real condition or not. But the electro- sensitives swear it is, so… to each their own, I say.” She didn’t look convinced. “I don’t really mind not having a cellphone,” she added. “You get used to that. And a lot of us have Wi-Fi in our homes anyway, so that’s OK.”

Hang on, so in The Town Without Wi-Fi, there is in fact quite a lot of Wi-Fi? I worried that this would not make for as catchy a headline as I had hoped. “Not publicly, but at home some of us do. It’s not illegal, but the observatory has a truck that can sense it. They’ll come round and ask you to turn it off.”

That person was Diane Schou, one of the first electrosensitives to migrate to Green Bank, and their unofficial local leader. She moved in 2007, after her life was made unbearable by a new cellphone mast at the research farm in Cedar Falls, Iowa, that she shared with her husband, Bert, and their son. She began suffering terrible headaches, along with blurred vision and skin rashes. At first she didn’t know why.

Pa ono, imajući u vidu šta sve imaju po amerikama, uopšte mi ne deluje nešto čudno ovaj čitav scenario ...

Uletiš u radnju i kažeš "daj pare ili palim mobilni!" heeee

jedini problem je što ima samo ta jedna radnja i u njoj su svi :)

• 2 weeks later...