World in conflict

brue

Zamolio bih admine da dotichnoj ispali od choveka dozvole pristup SAMO WoW forumu ;) :P

odgovor od strane uprave: nemere, ispala realno ne igra wow i onda koji ce tamo? ;oP

back to topic

Nema posranih resursa :) Sudden Strike fora najzad

World in Conflict, the upcoming action-oriented real-time strategy game from Swedish dev house Massive Entertainment, has been garnering plenty of attention for its fast-paced multiplayer design, but few details have been released so far about its single-player side. GameSpot AU caught up with lead designer Nicklas "Cece" Cederstrom at last month's GO3 Conference in Perth, Australia, to talk more about what solo campaigners can expect.

GameSpot AU: Why has all the focus on World in Conflict been on the multiplayer side thus far?

Nicklas Cederstrom: When the project started out, it started as a multiplayer game. We wanted to get that right first, so we focused on that and spent the first 16 months on getting the feeling that it's going to be a great multiplayer game. When we knew what we had was really good, we started focusing on single-player, and we've been working on that for over a year now.

GS AU: So is it a multiplayer game first and foremost?

NC: No, absolutely not. It's 50-50. It has a rock-solid and very interesting single-player campaign, but with the added depth of multiplayer.

GS AU: Why did you decide to lighten the RTS elements in World in Conflict--such as having no resource gathering?

NC: First of all, we wanted to make a great game that a lot of people will play. Massive has done two games before--Ground Control I and II--and they both got great reviews, and everyone that played it loved it. But it didn't reach the mass market. This time around we decided to focus on a setting that we knew would draw more people, a setting that we all fell in love with from Red Dawn, the old '80s movie. We decided to make a game that's easy to get into, and we focused on action--this is an action game. Personally, I don't even call it an RTS, because it's just pure action.

GS AU: If it's not an RTS, what would you call it?

NC: That's hard. Internally we sometimes call it RTT--real-time tactics. But basically I would just say it's a come-together-with-your-friends action game. We want it to be the Counter-Strike of RTS gaming. So in multiplayer, we have 20-minute matches, so that you know when you get into a match it'll be 20-minutes or shorter. You can play two or three games in your lunch break--if you do a traditional RTS, you can be in a match for up to four hours or 14 minutes.

GS AU: Tell us more about the single-player storyline.

NC: World in Conflict is played out in 1989, and the Cold War has gone hot. When we set out to make the game, we really wanted to have a plausible war scenario. So what we did was contact Larry Bond--who is the Tom Clancy cowriter--and he's a Cold War-era expert. We asked him to write for us a plausible invasion scenario for the Russians coming into the US. So he made up this great story, where the Soviet Union is on the brink of economic disaster--they go to the UN to try and blackmail them to give them unconditional aid. Of course, they refuse, and the Russians invade Europe. In doing so, they attack NATO and kill a lot of US soldiers, which draws the US into the war in Europe. The Russians then do a sneak attack on the western coast of the US, where they arrive on civilian ships like tankers, but they have military hardware with them. They invade Seattle, and it goes from there.

When we came to the single-player, we decided we really wanted to have a great story. And great stories are told from the perspective of people, so we decided to have a strong line of characters that we follow throughout the war. You are not the supreme commander in our game--you are basically one of the guys in the trenches fighting for your life and your men. You are playing a character called Parker--he's anonymous, he never speaks, and you never really see him. The leader of the pack is Colonel Sawyer. He's an old school military man that's been in a lot of wars. With him is Bannon, a West Point graduate--he's basically come out from military school, he thinks he's the best. We compare him to Hudson in Aliens--because he's so cocky in the beginning, but by the end he's going "Oh my God, we're going to be screwed." It's going to be the character of Bannon that's really interesting to follow, as he goes through so many things in the war. And finally we have Webb--very straightforward, calm and cool.

GS AU: How do these characters interact with each other?

NC: We have different game mechanics to do that. First we have some in-game cinematics, and there are a couple on each map setting up scenarios and breaking up the middle of the game to tell you the story. We also have message boxes in missions for dialogue that's going on throughout the game. We also have two other game mechanics that will drive the story forward, but we're not talking about them right now.

GS AU: In the World of Conflict multiplayer, players have to take different roles, which then affect how much support units will cost them. Will there be roles in the single-player game?

NC: No, we made a decision early on to not have the roles in the single-player. So what we are doing are essentially faking roles in some maps. For example, if we have a helicopter map, we'll give you the air role, but it's not really that because we allow you some ground-based vehicles as well. The cost is independent of the multiplayer.

GS AU: Will your single-player comrades' actions be scripted or dynamic?

NC: It's different on different maps. We will full-script them and let them loose depending on which map you are on. On some maps we are testing to have them totally free, but it's always risky, because they can of course decide to complete an objective you haven't got to yet. It's dangerous, but we're trying it out.

GS AU: One of the coolest things about the multiplayer demo was the ability to use a nuclear weapon. How will that fit into the single-player campaign?

NC: We can't say how it will exactly play out yet, but there is a nuke in the single-player campaign.

GS AU: How long will the single-player campaign go for?

NC: Final length hasn't been decided yet because it's still a work in progress. But I'll guess it'll be between 15 and 25 hours, depending on how hardcore you are. It depends on how many side objectives you complete and how aggressive you are. As from now, we have 14 maps in single-player.

GS AU: The single-player game only focuses on US. Was there any discussion about including the Russians?

NC: We talked about it early on, but when push came to shove, we decided to focus on one campaign. For me and many of the guys at Massive, the key line from World in Conflict is that war is coming home. And home for many is the US, because we are all so familiar with their culture, and we have seen it all in movies. So having the Russians invading the US, that was the core of the game in my opinion.

GS AU: Thanks for your time.

Edited by Kole

Inache, na igri radi i Bond..Larry Bond ;)

Larry's writing career started by collaborating with Tom Clancy on Red Storm Rising, a runaway New York Times bestseller that has been called one of the best-selling books of the 1980s. It depicted a hypothetical conflict between NATO and the Warsaw Pact, drawing heavily on current analysis of what such a conflict would be like. It has been used as a text at the Naval War College and similar institutions.

Since then, Larry's books have depicted military and political crises, emphasizing accuracy and fast-paced action. Red Phoenix, Vortex, and Cauldron were all New York Times bestsellers. Red Phoenix was set in South Korea and depicted an invasion of the south by a decaying North Korean government. Vortex told the story of a reactionary Afrikaner government trying to roll back the clock in South Africa. Cauldron showed a financial crisis in Europe that grew out of control, leading to a military confrontation between France and the United States.

Larry's Harpoon gaming system was first published in 1980. Designed as a general-purpose air, surface, and submarine naval simulation, it combines playability with a wealth of information on modern naval weapons systems. Designed for the entry-level player, it has found acceptance in both the commercial market and the professional naval community. It is used at the Naval Academy, several ROTC installations, and on several surface ships as a training aid.

Now in its fourth edition, Harpoon has won the H.G. Wells Award, a trade association honor, in both 1981 and 1987 as the best miniatures game of the year. It is the only game to win the award twice. The computer version of the game first appeared in 1989, and won the 1990 Wargame of the Year award from Computer Gaming World, an industry journal.

Features:

Superpowered Warfare

Unleash the arsenals of the great military superpowers in the gripping single-player story created by best-selling author and Cold War authority, Larry Bond.

MassTech Engine

The latest version of Massive's proprietary engine allows for a full 360 range of camera control, allowing you to get right down into the midst of battle.

Demolish Everything

Destroy every object in the game - crush cars, destroy buildings, burn forests!

Drop-in Multiplayer

Join on-going games and immediately help your team take control of the map.

Fast-paced Teamplay

Master four different battlefield roles; Air, Armor, Infantry and Support, in the ultimate online teamplay experience.

Super Weapons

Unleash ground-shaking artillery barrages, napalm strikes, and awesome tactical nukes that turn the tide of battle.

Professions

Different from Ground Control, in World in Conflict you won't be able to take control of every profession. In fact, the player will have to decide for one of four professions (Air, Armor, Infantry or Support). Accordingly, the player will only be able to order units from his profession. You will be able to switch classes at any time. All your existing units on the battlefield will be destroyed immediately. In doing so every unit from a profession has its advantages and disadvantages over units from other professions - similar to the Rock-Paper-Scisors-principle. As soon as there are new info you will read about it here! In the following we try to explain which unit from which profession works best against the others:

Air Force:

This class is the only one that is able to operate in the sky. It has light and heavy attack units, as well as transport helicopters. These flying units are not able to capture any enemy zones.

Armor:

This class has access to all light, medium, and heavy tanks. It is also able to use scout vehicles and BTR's.

Infantry:

This class is able to use sniper and anti-tank soldiers, in addition to normal soldiers. A medic is available in every group. The medic is able to heal allies and also command manned and unmanned transport vehicles.

Support:

This class is able to create many different units. Among others, light and heavy artillery, repair vehicles, scouts, troop transporters, and anti-aircraft units. Only this class is able to use mobile bridge vehicles.

Tactical Aids

In World in Conflict are also a huge number of especially mighty super-weapons available to you beside the normal units. So-called Tatical Aids. Every weapon costs a certain number of Tactical Aid Credits. Every player gets this by destruction of hostile unities, with support from team colleagues and conquer from zones. If you take over a enemy zone, you'll get for example two Tactical Aid Credits. Each of these Tatical Aid's needs some time until it has arrived in the selected area.

Radar Scan (5 Credits)

Scanning the selected area for enemies and makes it visible.

Paratroops (7 Credits)

A group of parachuters will be airdropped. They are stronger than their normal infantry colleagues.

Artillery (7 Credits)

In the selected purpose area an artillery impact comes down. Very efficiently against armoured vehicles.

Heavy Air-Strike (15 Credits)

Carries out a heavy airforce impact against ground troops. Also destroys bigger formations.

Anti-Air-Strike (15 Credits)

An A10 comes to the purpose area flown and destroys all aerial units in the vicinity.

Napalm carpet (15 Credits)

A destructive napalm carpet is thrown down in the purpose area. Very effective against infantry.

Tatical nuke (50 Credits)

A tactical atom bomb hits the purpose area and destroys everything in the vicinity.

You can revalue every Tactical Aid, up to the tactical nuke. You begin always with the Tactical Aid step 1. If you've enough Tactical Aid Credits, you can develop the desired Tactical Aid on step 2. For example, the damage and effect radius thereby increases.

Here you'll find answers to the most frequently asked questions:

1.) When will World in Conflict be released?

World in Conflict is supposed to be released in the 2nd Quartal of 2007.

2.) Who are the guys behind World in Conflict?

Massive Entertaiment (known for the award-winning strategy games Ground Control and Ground Control 2).

3.) Does the game already have a publisher?

Yes, Vivendi Games.

4.) What genre should WiC be classified in?

According to Massive Entertainment, World in Conflict will be a mix of real time strategy and first person shooter. The player commands his troops in real time and is able to control them directly. How this is supposed to be implemented in the game is not known yet.

5.) In what era is World in Conflict set in?

World in Conflict is set in the Cold War, based on the question "What if the Cold War had never ended?". The game begins with the Sovjet-Union invading the United Stats of America.

6.) How will the player get new units if there is no basebuilding?

Just like Ground Control/Ground Control 2 there will be no basebuilding as well as no resource gathering. Massive wants to offer fast-paced, instant action by skipping the tedious rersource gathering. In the multiplayer mode, every player gets a certain amount of credits with which he will be able to buy units. If these units are destroyed, the player will get his credits back.

7.) Will there be Victory Locations and Supportweapons just like in Ground Control 2?

In the multiplayer mode each faction tries to conquer and control certain positions. Those victory locations work almost similar to Ground Control 2, but you have to occupy three locations nearby to conquer the whole victory location. By conquering such a position, the so-called "domination bar" rises. When one faction controls the whole map (which means that the domination bar is full) or the timer is expired, the faction wins that has the highter domination rating. By destroying enemy units and by supporting fellow players you will accquire "TA" - tactical aid credits. With these credits you'll be able to buy a tactic nuke, off-map artillery barrages, radar scans or daiys cutters. There will be approximately eight to nine tacitcal aids.

8.) Wouldn't the nuke be a showstopper?

According to Massive Entertainment and some rumors about the game, the impact of the nuke is devastating but not an instant matchwinner. You'll have to apply it at the right time or your enemy will have the time to rearm again.

9.) How does the multiplayer work?

Massive pushed the development of their very own multiplayer service, Massgate, even further. In WiC the new multiplayer service Massgate 2 will be available. There'll be features such as clan support, a whole new lobby, ranked matches, a spectator mode and the possibility to save replays. Furthermore, you'll be able to play 8vs8!

10.) Will there be a coop-mode?

Yes, a cooperative singleplayer is planned, but there aren't any more information on this.

11.) How do I send my super-cool ideas to the development team?

No Problem - in the official Board [MSV]Ghost and [MSV]Gagarin are active and forward important ideas to the game designers.

12.) Will the terrain be destructable?

Yes, the whole map will be destroyable. You'll be able to destroy whole cities to lure infantry units out of it and you'll be able to burn trees down so that your tanks can drive through it.

13.) Which graphics engine does WiC use?

It's a modified MassTech Engine which was used in Ground Control 2 as well.

14.) Are the system requirements known yet?

The final requirements aren't known yet, but rumors say thet World in Conflict will be playable with a 2GHz computer using a Geforce4.

15.) Will there be a multiplayer mode?

Yes. More about this in our Games Convention Interview.

16.) Will there be an open beta test?

Yes, there'll be a closed one and an open one, but no exact date isn't known yet.

17.) How many playable factions will be in the game?

USA and the Sovjet-Union are in for sure. There is a third, still unknown factions, but there are speculations of the third faction being the NATO.

18.) Will there be an SDK?

Yes, a SDK will be there definity, an exact date isn't known yet.

kolko sam ja gledao preview MP-a, ovo bi trebalo da bude sledeci kompetitivni RTS i tezi da zameni ono shto je WC3 danas u svetu, vec je izbaran da bude oficijelna igra DreamHack Summera (najveci lan party na svetu)

03:34 ( MiGsa ) da budem iskren

03:35 ( MiGsa ) nagledao sam se ovde vishe kurcheva nego pichki

22:05 (Ivan_tm) Ozbiljno, tvoj i Cokin sam upamtio odmah

13:43 ( darko ) ja sam puco iz njegove vazdushare

[16:42:19] Miša says: pojavio mi se patrijarh pavle u ppl u may know

[21:00] <vudu> jebacemo svi

Neko se setio i preradio Red Alert , ubacisvhi Cold War kao story :S

Mada lepo izgleda ali ae videcemo...

Najava obcava (kao i svaka druga ? )

Have you ever noticed that it's only 'perfect' people who are murdered or killed in horrific accidents?

"He was the perfect son" or "She was the perfect daughter."

"Such a tragic accident they were the perfect family."

"They died together, the perfect couple till the end."

Makes me glad I abuse my kids and beat up my wife.

Kind of makes me immortal.

imaju na gametrailers.com filmovi iz same igre, pogotovo developers log iz 5 delova. Tu je bas poprilicno objasnjeno sta igra nudi. Tja, vecinu stvari su vec zavrsili, izgleda da peglaju kampanju sad pa zato izlazi tek u septembru.

ps. sto se tice Red Alert price, ne slazem se. Ovo nije igra sa resursima i gradnjom i stekanjem milion trupa. Sudden Strike je bila prva dobra strategija koja je izbacila resurse i koncentrisala se na samu bitku i zauzimanje strateskih tacaka na mapi, i multy je bio odlican (mada ju je u Srbiji retko ko igrao na netu u multyplayeru).

Edited by brue

• 3 weeks later...

video sam par filmica, nalozio se od trejlera i naravno gejmplej izgleda kao gc2...

svetleci metkovi, fajtovi sa peshadijom podsecaju na star trek... uzas

tenkovi i oklopna vozila koja se okrecu brzinom teranskog turreta uz svu onu ozbiljnu grafiku... smeshno

i naravno helishi koji mirno stoje u vazduhu, kao da nema dashka vetra...

isti gc2, uz privlacniji ambijent i par multiplejer "noviteta" pokupljenih iz ostalih igara (khm, company of heroes, khm)

trebali su barem da ubace pastelne boje iz cannon foddera i buckasta vozila, barem bi imali neki zaboravljeni shmek.

Nije bitno da je velik, bitno je da je lep...

ne smaraj, ima da igrash pa da pevash samo [:D]

jebaga, ne svidja mi se tematika, ne svidja mi se sto nema resursa:(

al ako bude do jaja, onda jebiga, valjda ce mi se svideti i pored toga...

brate sto ti ne smuvas miu? realno 5 min da provede sa tobom bila bi ready za guraj-vadi. :)

Kao jedva izlečeni zavisnik od GC 1 i 2 nadam se da neće usrati igru. Jako sam :( što nema Ruske kampanje ali jbg... Nema tu nikakve šanse za ekspanzije i slično, GC2 je najavljen tako da je maltene najavljena expa i ništa. Samo da ne uproste gameplay još više za američku dečicu...

• 2 weeks later...

upadoh u betu, kad skinem i proigram se, kachim utiske [:D]

au, sad ce da me tuze :)

btw tvoj key stize sutra [:D]

Which Faction are you most excited about playing?

UnitedStates: 1296 votes

SovietUnion: 1461 votes

NATO: 1070 votes

lol , rusi ftw :P

This video contains content from Jimmy Kimmel Live, who has decided to block it in your country.

[23:47] <manager-> jao dete jao dete :D

chickenonaraft.kom

imam 2 key-a vishka, opushteno [:D]

moze, 15e [:D]