q4 net podesavanja

malo sam preturao i nasao :

net_clientLagOMeter

Set this to 1 to monitor your connection, a small graph will appear in the lower left hand side of your HUD.

The first line is related to your graphics card updating displayed frames in time with received gameworld updates from the server. It will be green if frames are being rendered in time with the world updates. If it has a lot of yellow then gameworld updates are not being displayed and are being dropped. In this case you may wish to tweak your visual settings to raise your average framerate. Another option is to adjust net_clientPrediction by very small values until the line is mostly green. Note that if you are using a value below 5 for net_clientPrediction the first line of the graph may be mostly yellow. See net_clientPrediction section for more information.

The second line is similar to the Quake3 netgraph

Green means packets are being received okay and there are no network problems

Yellow means that your setting for net_clientMaxRate is causing your client to reject gameworld update packets.

Red means that the gameworld update packet was lost due to a problem with the network connection

In the case of yellow try increasing your net_clientMaxRate setting making sure to stay inside the downstream limit of your connection. If you have a lot of red then change ISP or server. If you have to play on the server or use the ISP then make sure that you increase net_clientUsercmdBackup to 5 or more. See note about upstream of 64 Kbps and net_clientUsercmdBackup in the net_clientUsercmdBackup section.

If you always get a 999 ping despite having reduced net_clientMaxRate it is most likely that your upstream connection is saturated. See note in the net_clientUsercmdBackup section for more information.

com_showAsyncStats Set this to 1 to monitor your connection, this provides an alternative to net_clientLagOMeter.

Out rate shows your upstream bandwidth usage in bytes per second. If this exceeds the upstream bandwidth for your connection try reducing net_clientUsercmdBackup.

In rate shows your downstream bandwidth usage in bytes per second. Do not set this higher than your connection allows. Related to the cvar net_clientMaxRate.

Packet loss shows the percentage of packets that have been lost due to a problem with your connection. If you have a very high packet loss change ISP or adjust the cvars net_clientUsercmdBackup and net_clientSmoothing

Client Prediction shows the current amount of client side prediction. Use this to help you adjust the cvar net_clientPrediction.

net_clientUsercmdBackup Determines how may duplicate movement/action commands are sent, range is 1 to 5 and is 5 as default. If a packet gets lost then a 'backup' command may still be received. You can reduce upstream bandwidth usage by lowering this at the expense of possibly losing a movement/action packet.

NOTE: Quake4 can easily saturate an upstream connection of 64 Kbps or less. Reduce net_clientUsercmdBackup wherever possible.

net_clientPrediction Adjusts client side prediction so that your client predicts gameworld updates such as player movement. Defaults to 10 milliseconds and it is best to leave this setting alone if you are not having problems. Increasing this value adds additional client side prediction which may help with lag, do not set it higher than half your average ping. Negative values can also be used to compensate for over prediction. Setting to 0 disables all client side prediction

net_clientPredictGUI Perhaps toggles whether the client initially decides if an object has been interacted with / picked up. With this set to 1 sometimes you may think you have interacted with / picked up an object when you have not. Value is currently a protected cvar once in a multiplayer game.

net_clientMaxRate Similar to the rate settings in Quake2/3 in that it controls packets so that your downstream connection bandwidth does not get saturated. Set as bytes per second. Defaults to 10000 for ISDN, 16000 for ADSL/Cable and 25600 for LAN

Servers limit maximum rate so there really is no point in setting it higher than the server you are playing on allows.

net_clientSmoothing Helps smooth out movement when other players have packet loss, very low rate or other network problems. Normally you would see them stutter or warp on your screen in multiplayer. Defaults to 0.8, value is currently a protected cvar once in a multiplayer game.

Suggested settings for different connections follows. However you should only use these settings to fine tune your connection if you are having problems with the default settings as set via the network menu.

If you are using voice communication programs such as RogerWilco, Battlecom, Teamsound, Teamspeak etc. then please adjust net_clientMaxRate and other settings accordingly. Allow 1024 bytes for downstream and 512 bytes for upstream usage by the voice communication program.

LAN

seta net_clientUsercmdBackup "2"

seta net_clientMaxRate "28000"

ADSL / Cable / Wireless

seta net_clientUsercmdBackup "(See Table Below)"

256000 BPS Upstream: seta net_clientUsercmdBackup "5"

128000 BPS Upstream: seta net_clientUsercmdBackup "3"

64000 BPS Upstream: seta net_clientUsercmdBackup "2"

seta net_clientMaxRate "(See Table Below)"

256000 BPS Downstream: seta net_clientMaxRate "28000"

128000 Downstream BPS: seta net_clientMaxRate "14000"

ISDN Bonded

seta net_clientUsercmdBackup "(See Table Below)"

128000 BPS Upstream: seta net_clientUsercmdBackup "3"

112000 BPS Upstream: seta net_clientUsercmdBackup "2"

128000 BPS Downstream: seta net_clientMaxRate "14000"

112000 Downstream BPS: seta net_clientMaxRate "12250"

ISDN Single

NOTE ISDN single is not recommended for anything more than 1 on 1

seta net_clientUsercmdBackup "0"

64000 BPS: seta net_clientMaxRate "7000"

56000 BPS: seta net_clientMaxRate "6200"

[8D][:)][:D]

hf [;)]

fml

E aj sad... imam problem. Instalirao , ukljucio konzolu

i na koji god od ova dva servera pokusam da se konektujem (SBB i Plato) ispise mi:

Sending challenge to 213.240.30.177

i tako 15 puta dok ne napise "Challenge sent 15 times, abort.."

wtf?

edit: Znaci na platou mi pishe to Sending challenge to 213.240.30.177

i na kraju posle 15 puta napise: No response, disconnecting.

a na SBBu.. "no map running" ili tako nesto...

Edited by Pesma-mrtve-dece

Get smart or die dumb!

kad je no map running - server ne radi trenutno,a za ovaj prvi-nekom misterijom mi puca veza kad se kacim na njega...lupim alt+enter,konektujem se ponovo i onda mi "radi" ( proveri da nije i tebi tako :))) ).sbb cesto puca tt

Edited by Peja_

The thing's hollow — it goes on forever — and — oh my God — it's full of stars!

Pokusavam poslednjih pola sata da igram na sbb serveru ali nema sanse stalno imam ping 999. All-Seeing-Eye pokazuje ping 35.

Imam Beotelov adsl 256/64 i podesavanja:

net_clientUsercmdBackup "2"

net_clientMaxRate "25000"

probao sam i da menjam ali nije pomoglo, nece ni sa default podesavanjima tj. cvar_restart.

Imate li neku ideju?

Dok ne proradi ovo odoh na q3 server :)

Pa pogledaj shta sam ja stavio...

net_clientUsercmdBackup "2" za upstream od 64k je ok kada ti imash 8kb/s ul... Ali, ako ti na adslu ul predje 6k, onda ti potpuno sjebe downstream, dakle i ping, a i puca veza... Dakle, stavish net_clientUsercmdBackup "1" i trebalo bi da radi... (mozhda mogu i decimale, mrzelo me da testiram, znachi 1.3 recimo)

Ispashtje da je 128/128 isdn bolji za q4 od 256/64 adsla...

FushiSigb.thumb.jpg.f75f13b0202c1af84974