Mana's Guide to WoW Drama

Lucky

Props to Grave for the idea

Types of Drama - A Classfication Methodology and Thesis

by Mana of Destromath

Copyright 2005 Good People Books

If you are new to MMORPG playing and this is your first experience in the world of Warcraft, let me start by saying -- HEY NOOB YOU SUCK. There, you just got your first taste of drama.

Drama is specific to each player, race and profession. There are many ways to incite drama in the game of Warcraft, and I hope this guide gives you the necessary tools to create your own in new fantastic and constructive ways.

Drama comes in many forms. I will breifly detail each below:

The Gank

Level Required - Level 1

EXP - 50

Regeants - Words of the Scallywag

Night Elf #1 - Hey Night Elf 2, how was Maraudon?

Night Elf #2 - It was great man...

Night Elf #1 - I HEARD YOU WERE NOT OF MAN LIKE STATURE

Night Elf #2 - What?

Night Elf #1 - YOU ARE NOT A MAN LIKE A MAN IS A MAN

Night Elft #2 - OMG DRAMA

The Gank is a commonly deployed technique used to initiate drama without provocation. This technique, when used with reserve, can begin some very interesting drama that could last up to 15 minutes. Just remember, The Gank, is not to be used liberally -- please moderate your indulgences into this particular type of drama starting.

The Backstabbing Bubblebutt

Level Required - Level 10

EXP - 2,500

Regeants - Words of the Scallywag, Deception of the Level 44 Elite Wandering Forest Walker

Undead #1 - Hey so I put all your money in the bank.

Undead #2 - Hey, thanks buddy.

Undead #1 - THEN I SPENT ALL OF IT ON STORMWIND BRIE.

Undead #2 - Oh my god, that was like, 50 gold man!

Undead #1 - I HAVE BRIE FOREVER NOOB.

The Backstabbing Bubblebutt is a true, long lasting drama starter. With The Backstabbing Bubblebutt, you first begin by seizing someone's property -- either through stealing or their own free will and earnest trust -- then deceive that individual in a harsh way. Depending on your ability, The Backstabbing Bubblebutt based drama can last for years on end. It can even end friendships and cause other people to stalk you.

The Self Destructo Hocus Pocus

Level Required - Level 20

EXP - 4,000

Regeants - Words of the Scallywag, Deception of the Level 44 Elite Wandering Forest Walker, two Magecloth

Human #1 - Hey TripleF, have any money to loan? I need a epic mount.

TripleF - Yes I do my trusted friend, here you are.

Human #1 - I AM NOW DELETING MY ACCOUNT AND NEVER LOGGING BACK INTO WOW!

TripleF - I am pwned.

The Self Destructo Hocus Pocus is also known as The Eggman. Being one of the more dastardly drama starters, the Self Destructo Hocus Pocus has no end gain for the drama starter. It begins, much like the Backstabbing Bubblebutt by having someone give you something of extreme worth. Then, without warning, you announce you are deleting your character and never returning to WoW again. Shocked, the recipient of the drama is forced to cry and or curl into the fetal position.

The Guess Who Do Voodoo

Level Required - Level -5

EXP - 0

Regeants - Words of the Scallywag, Deception of the Level 44 Elite Wandering Forest Walker, No Ban Bandage x1

Forum Poster #1 - Hey guys, I've been gone for a while, just wanted to say hi!

Who Do Voodoo - HEY MORON YOUR GUILD SUCKS AND NO ONE MISSED YOU.

Forum Poster #1 - Who are you?

Who Do Voodoo - THE GUY WHO DESTROYED YOUR SELF ESTEEM.

Forum Poster #1 - Oh snap, I better leave WoW forever.

The Guess Who Do Voodoo is a forum based drama which relies on the art of deception. By making a character on another realm, then switching to that character on the forum to post with, you can affectively deceive participants in a thread you either started or joined.

The Mount Me Not

Level Required - Level 35

EXP - 5,500

Regeants - Silky's Boots of Shameless Speed

Tauren #1 - Okay, ready for the next pull. These trolls in Ulda are tough!

Tauren #2 - YEAH I AM THE PULLING

Tauren #1 - Okay, this one's almost dead ;).

Tauren #1 - Hey, wait, there's like 5 more. What the hell? Whose aggroing these mobs?!?

Tauren#1 - Where's Tauren #2???

Tauren #2 - I AM PLACING AN AUCTION FOR THE +17 SPIRIT BRACERS WE FOUND. SHOULD SELL SOON!

The Mount Me Not is a masterful deployment of drama. It starts with the drama intiator fighting a monster, then adding a few monsters for added challenge. Once the challenge grows beyond the initiator's control, the initiator quickly begins running without notifying other's of his or her departure.

The Post Ninja Polka

Level Required - Level 55

EXP - 7,500

Regeants - Silky's Boots of Shameless Speed, Blurring Gloves of the Elder Stranglethorn Tigress

Nemyar - Okay Princess is almost dead!

Gnome #2 - YAY I AM HAPPY

Nemyar - Okay no one roll, we need to random.

Gnome #2 Rolls a 1

Gnome #2 Recieves Princess Forever Sticker Value Pack

Nemayr - Oh my god Gnome #2! The stickers should have been randomed!

Gnome #2 - I WON WITH A 1 LOL! PWNED U. NOW I DISENCHANT BECAUSE IT IS NOT FOR MY CLASS.

Gnome #2 Receives Soul Dust

Gnome #2 - HAPPY

The Post Ninja Polka is performed by only the most deviant drama starters. It begins by getting into a group in search of a precious item, then, when the item is decided to be randomly rolled, you roll while everyone else passes.

Sa WoW foruma.